Friday, October 10, 2008

Rabbit

I made one rabbit for a friend who has just had a baby girl, however.........
My daughter has a thing for rabbits so she has claimed it so I had to make another. That was fine by me though as I wasn't very happy with the firt one. I substitued 2 strands of 8ply for the recommended yarn and at the top of the head the stuffing could be seen.




I found the pattern on Ravelry. There are instructions for knit or crochet.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bunny-blanket-buddy---crochet

Here is the link for the pattern.

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/50722-2.html?noImages=

I think in the photo you can see the stuffing.
On my second attempt I made a few changes to the pattern. For the first row I did three sc into the second chain from the hook. I left out all the 1 ch spaces. I evened out the arms by doing 4 rows on each and I completely reworked the head.
I changed down to a 6.5mm hook and with two strands together still, I worked 2 scs into each sc in both the front and then the back loos. For the next 10 rows I just went around the head with a sc in each sc. I then changed to *2sctog, sc* all the way around until I had just a small hole left.
It took a bit longer, used a bit more yarn but the results are much better. I can see no stuffing and there was more stitches to embrodier the face as well.




I think I will be making more of these. It took less than 3 hours with the changes so it is a great gift for a newborn. I will have to make one for my new addition whilst the pattern is still fresh.
:D

6 comments:

Savvy.Womyn said...

So great to see you are inspired again! Love the birthing bundle, very special.

I am a terrible blogger too. I get busy doing other things. I have a whole pile of pics I want to put up but never seem to get it done.

Irene said...

Gorgeous!!!

Irene said...

Hi Shona, unfortunately we haven't spoken for a while, but I have been thinking of you with the wild storms in Brisbane. Hope everyone and everything is safe and well!! xoxo

Shona said...

Hi Irene, Where does the time go? I promise to write a long email to you soon. We are safe and sound from the storms. Our area of Brisbane was hit hard but more to the west than where we are. Some of my friends did not do as well. Even minor damage to the roof has caused them extensive damage inside the house because the rain was so heavy and the wind was so fierce. The main problem was that Brisbane was just not prepared for it. At least the dams got a drenching as well.

CAHÄ°DE said...

Hi Irena!Your blog very nice.I'm from turkey.My name is Cahide

~PakKaramu~ said...

Happy new year to you