Friday, October 10, 2008

Birthing bundle




Last month I did Georgina Kellys "Art of Birthing" course. It is based on the book "Birthing from Within" by Pam England. This is a great book that lets you explore some of the myths surrounding birth. Excellent if you have had a previous traumatic birth, but a must read for all pregnant women.
Georginas class was very good. I was led gently into exploring my past births and getting in touch with my intuition for this upcoming birth. If you are interested in the course, leave a comment and I will email you some information.

http://www.capersbookstore.com.au/scripts/shop_item.asp?by=a2z&item=13

Anyway, as part of the course we had to create a birth bundle. Our instructions were to find something that represented the feminine, the masculine and the new baby. We were to wrap the bundle in "a precious cloth" so of course to me that meant something I had crochetted. Here is what I came up with.

No comments: