Friday, October 10, 2008

New Tam pattern

I know I am a terrible blogger. The truth of it is that I am pregnant and I have trouble creating crochet whilst I create life within me. Anyway, over the last two weeks I seem to have my mojo back and I have been crochetting every night. Of course I have given away a couple of things without taking photos of them first, but hopefully I will be able to show everything off in here over the next couple of weeks.

This is an almost finished tam I am making for a friend in Perth. It is made out of Pakchu cotton which is organic fair trade cotton from Peru.
http://www.ecoyarns.com.au/index.php?main_page=page&id=4&chapter=0&zenid=bdcc7fbf521813deb514709adcb2b089
It is very soft but the colours are a bit disappointing. We wanted a stronger chocolate and dark olive and in the photos that was what it looked like, but sadly when it turned up it looked a bit pucey. It took me ages to work out how to get the colours to work together.

1 comment:

Irene said...

Congratulations Shona!!! Wow how exciting I was wondering how you were doing have been checking your blog regularly! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo